Producer – Lane Limited (sold in UK as Century)
Product – Black Cavendish
Tobacco – Fire Cured Virginias
Cut – Course Cut
- A very dark Black Cavendish, sticky and sweet smelling. Thickly cut and moist.
- It has a sweet, raisiny aroma and tastes sweet too.
- Smooth, sweet & creamy on the light, hard to keep lit. Is mixed a lot with Virginias & Burley to help with the burn.
- Cream & Raisin flavours, can bit if smoked to fast
(Middle of Bowl)
- Burn improved with a little patience
- Still raisins with hints of figs, very sweet like burnt sugar
- Burning a bit hot from time to time
- Got that bitter & tangy finish
- Subtle complexities; creamy sweet leathers, figs, plumb, berry hints
- Finishes very hot, white ash.
Makes a great base, bland on its own really.
In this video i am only referring the creation of Black Cavendish tobacco. Golden & Mixed Cavendish blends are processed in the same was as Dutch Cavendish’s. The processes of creating Black Cavendish differs from UK & America.